While we do not want to encourage thoughts about math anxiety, I kinda like this goofy guy. Besdies, he sort of makes me look normal!
Today I took a lot of time looking for videos that have enough quality to suggest that students take seriuosly consider looking at them (if they are having trouble with a concept). Not a lot of useful stuff out there, but some seem worthwhile. I will usually just indicate URLs (in the notes),but will embed the few that are definitely good enough to warrant it. One lesson that seems obvious so far this week is that tryign to improve courses by using different technologies is anythign but a casual undertaking. It is rewarding, but also very time consumming [in math at least because the so-so to poor material available online seems to far outweigh what is useful/productive].
While we do not want to encourage thoughts about math anxiety, I kinda like this goofy guy. Besdies, he sort of makes me look normal!
ReplyDeleteToday I took a lot of time looking for videos that have enough quality to suggest that students take seriuosly consider looking at them (if they are having trouble with a concept). Not a lot of useful stuff out there, but some seem worthwhile. I will usually just indicate URLs (in the notes),but will embed the few that are definitely good enough to warrant it. One lesson that seems obvious so far this week is that tryign to improve courses by using different technologies is anythign but a casual undertaking. It is rewarding, but also very time consumming [in math at least because the so-so to poor material available online seems to far outweigh what is useful/productive].