If you never understood least squares regression lines, here is your chance!
http://hadm.sph.sc.edu/courses/J716/demos/leastsquares/leastsquaresdemo.html
Just hit the 'sum of squares' button, grab the line with the cursor and make that sum as 'small(done)' as possible. If at any time you feel like your 'failin', just maintain the 'will' to get 'backon' track.
As you can see, it only took 2 days for me to completely lose it.
The lesson on how to embed video clips in our courses was very interesting and informative. I now have a YouTube file in my 1st lesson! Given my skill level at this point, it was perhaps fitting that the video is about twin 10 month olds learning to walk. Now, if I can just get my hands on some good "Numbers" shows!
I think a good part of the rest of the week will be spent locating and inserting good demos into my lessons. There is a lot of material out there, but not all of it is worthwhile....I may yet have to play with code in Mathematica, but hopefully not.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.